Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lost Widows Pin

Sometime In August I received a phone call from Wor. Jim Bell who informed me that one of the widows of Caribou lodge had lost her pin and was hoping to get a replacement.  So on September 21st I met Jim and we went to the home of Harry and Louise Kearney where I had the great pleasure to sit down with a wonderful lady for a nice conversation.

Mrs. Kearney is moving to the Portland area to be closer to her children and is going through the difficult process of packing up her and Harry's home and lives.

She was very interested in the activities of the lodge and Eastern Star and was pleased to hear about our activities with the CHIPS program and some of the older members that she fondly remembered.

When I presented her with a replacement pin she was moved by emotion and was most grateful to the lodge for the gesture. 

I wanted to share this with you because there are lots of people who dedicated many years to our organization that are still in  our community but we don't often think of them.  We have a Ladies night or a Widows night but that is often where it ends.  I can tell you that the experience I had in giving Mrs. Kearney that pin was without a doubt the best feeling that my brief time in Masonry has provided me.

I hope that you are someday afforded a similar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment